Well, it's a different story with kuih Lopes. They don't have good kuih lopes here. For me, a good kuih Lopes has to be firm and chewy. That's how my mom would make it. Over here, the kuih Lopes is so 'lembik' (soft) and sticky. I bought twice from 2 different places just for the sake of comparison and it still did not satisfy my tastebud. And unlike mee Siam, I do not know how to make them. I don't know how to wrap and tie them up. So, I just have to go without them, hoping to find the time to look for them when I am back home. However, I do not have to wait that long because a kuih Lopes maker in the form of my mother (hehehehehe....) came over. She made the kuih lopes by the dozen last night and I am really stuffed with good kuih Lopes now! Thank you mother! hehehehehe...
Monday, October 01, 2007
Kuih Lopes
I have been craving for kuih Lopes for quite some time. And since I moved here, it's difficult to find food that I love to eat when I was back home like mee Siam and kuih Lopes. The mee Siam here is different than what I usually had back home. The mee Siam sold by the 'kakak' opposite my school, I still remember. A box of mee Siam would be my morning breakfast before I start my work. Mee Siam here is totally different. It comes without the gravy and it's actually Fried Bee Hoon. Aahhh.... so disappointed! So in order to eat some, I have to cook some.
Well, it's a different story with kuih Lopes. They don't have good kuih lopes here. For me, a good kuih Lopes has to be firm and chewy. That's how my mom would make it. Over here, the kuih Lopes is so 'lembik' (soft) and sticky. I bought twice from 2 different places just for the sake of comparison and it still did not satisfy my tastebud. And unlike mee Siam, I do not know how to make them. I don't know how to wrap and tie them up. So, I just have to go without them, hoping to find the time to look for them when I am back home. However, I do not have to wait that long because a kuih Lopes maker in the form of my mother (hehehehehe....) came over. She made the kuih lopes by the dozen last night and I am really stuffed with good kuih Lopes now! Thank you mother! hehehehehe...

Well, it's a different story with kuih Lopes. They don't have good kuih lopes here. For me, a good kuih Lopes has to be firm and chewy. That's how my mom would make it. Over here, the kuih Lopes is so 'lembik' (soft) and sticky. I bought twice from 2 different places just for the sake of comparison and it still did not satisfy my tastebud. And unlike mee Siam, I do not know how to make them. I don't know how to wrap and tie them up. So, I just have to go without them, hoping to find the time to look for them when I am back home. However, I do not have to wait that long because a kuih Lopes maker in the form of my mother (hehehehehe....) came over. She made the kuih lopes by the dozen last night and I am really stuffed with good kuih Lopes now! Thank you mother! hehehehehe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment