Monday, May 17, 2010

Houston Day 9

It's our last day in Houston. Our flight is scheduled at 5.45pm on 8th May 10 (Houston time). We had a bit of an argument with the Singapore Airline's Customer Service about our assigned seats so we were told to go to the airport 3.5hr earlier to make that request. Before departure, I decided to do last minute shopping as we had not bought anything for our mothers for Mother's Day. Hubby decided to stay as he wanted to do last minute packing. So I went to The Galleria alone. I had only 2 to 2.5 hrs to shop!! Impossible but I will manage!

Went to Macy's as they were having early morning sale for Mother's Day. I really did not what to buy for both mother and mother-in-law. At last went to the handbag's section even tho we had bought handbags before this. Then I saw an Etienne Aigner handbags for sale slashed at 75%. It's nice and simple and it's black, very suitable for the 2 elderly ladies. Went to the price check machine to check on the price and I had to do it 3 times cos I could not believe the price! It was going on sale for USD16!! I grabbed 2 pieces and made the purchase. Even the cashier was amazed at the price. Happy...I went around Macy again but I told myself better get no more handbags or wallets. We had no more space in our luggage. It was a hot day and I was sweating in the departmental store. Oh ya the reason why I had to do this last minute shopping was because of a pair of flats that I saw in Coach the other day. I had to check it out for the last time or I will regret it for life! I went to Coach next and saw the shoes. It was going for USD79, slashed from USD179. I think and think and decided not to...bodohnye!! ( I saw the same shoes here in KL yesterday and it was selling at RM800!!!)

I made my way back to the apartment as it was nearly time but was diverted to buy some other stuff. Went to Nordstrom but things are a bit more pricey there. Walked back and saw hubby at the reception. He was relieved to see me cos I was late by 20 minutes! Heheheh.. I guess I lost track of time. Went up and saw all packed up. Sad to leave but Mahdi was already waiting downstairs for us. Snapped a few pictures and made our way to the airport.

We checked-in and found out that our baggage was in access by 31kg!! The kind lady told us that she would let us through since we only checked-in 3 pieces of luggage. We heaved a sigh of relief cos it would cost us USD55 for every 1lb in access!! Phewww!! Nak argue about the seats assigned pun I am too thankful to argue! hehehe... and we had with us 7 hand-carried items. Went through the agonising custom checks and we waited for another 2hrs to board the plane. We got the middle and window seats but I told hubby, let's think positive or we would be miserable all the way back. It was full house and we asked the stewardess if there were any aisle seats, please let us know. Like I said, service sucks! They did not get back to us....and I decided to give up! Took my panadol and flu pills and dozed off to sleep...yeay!!

Hubby with 7 hand-carried items

Transit in Moscow, changed some money to rubles and bought 2 fridge magnets. It's so difficult to communicate with them and the it was so hot at the airport. Waited for the next plane to Singapore. Did the same and dozed off again. Food this time was horrible!! Started talking to the guy sitting next to us and he is from Jakarta who is now residing in Oklahoma. He is back for holiday for 4 mths. He is doing his own business in US and he was the one who is the distributor for Blackberry in Jkt. We talked about ipad and he told us that he would not recommend ipad, instead get an iphone! It's more worthwhile!

Anyway, we arrived in Singapore at about 5.45am on Monday 10th May. Called Sekcoh and then had breakfast at T3. Then we went out to meet up with Sekcoh to pass her Coach bags to her in exchange for 6 packets of Rex chicken rice and then we headed to T2 for our next flight which will be at 12.45pm. We sat at Starbucks so that hubby can do his work. My legs were hurting so I just sat around. No energy to move about!

Time to fly and back in KL. The taxi driver was really surprised at how heavy our bags were. One of the bags were tagged with HEAVY LUGGAGE - 27KG!

Now back to reality and time to plan for our next trip end of this year....insya-Allah!

I've been wanting to say this... ala Ryan Seacrest....

HOUSTON...I'M OUT!!

No comments: