Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Houston Day 3

Hubby had to go to the exhibition venue again to some last minute preparations that he could not get it done yesterday. We had breakfast and then he left for the venue. We were supposed to meet up my old classmate who just moved to Houston about a month ago for dinner. But since her husband was called to work at 8pm that night, we think we should move it to another day as I planned to go to Houston Premium Outlets that day. I had to wait for hubby to come back but was not sure what time he could make it back to the hotel.

I was so excited to go to the outlets and was waiting eagerly for hubby to return. It was nearly 2 pm and I get so restless cos the outlet close at 7pm on a Sunday. I cannot waste time as I reckoned I need a lot of time there. We managed to arrive at the outlets at about 3.15pm and I made the dash for the COACH factory outlet. Saw a long queue outside and quickly joined in the queue. The moment we were allowed in, I started looking for the bags that my friend asked me to get for her. They said that those bags can only be found in the retail outlets and not in the factory outlet. Only then I started looking for my stuffs!! I felt like the character from the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic. Picking up this and that, leaving my hubby behind the moment we were allowed into the store....hehehee! Got my loot and hubby queued up to pay for them. You can see the queue was mainly made up of husbands lining up to pay for their wives' loots while the wives continue to go around looking for some more things that could be passed to the husbands.... hahahaha It was a sight!

Next, we went to Kate Spade's store. Grab some more things and headed next to the next store. We took a break and I told hubby that we should go our separate ways so that he could get something for himself as well. I went on to buy some clothes and a pair of shoes for myself. Hubby managed to get himself a pair of Levi's jeans at such an unbelievable price. We ended up with 6 big bags and seriously, I do not know how the hell we are going to bring them back. Luckily, there was a cab around. When we hit the highway on our way back to the hotel, the cab driver received a call from a lady whom he has been waiting for 2 hrs before we took his cab. He had to make a U-turn to pick her up. The lady is from London who is here to attend the same conference as my hubby and they ended up talking about it and found out that the world is so small. Her company used to bid for the job that was offered by my hubby's company.... and she was supposed to be in Oran when hubby was there.... small small world! She was at the outlet before the shops were opened at about 10am and was there till they closed at 7pm.... hahahaha!!

Reached our hotel at about 8pm before we headed to Walmart again cos hubby needs to get another travel adapter for the exhibition the next day. Unfortunately, they ran out of it and we ended up buying some more things for people back home. Went back and straight to bed... exhausted!!!

p/s: Oh ya! the cab fares here are really draining our wallet. It costs us USD120 to and fro the Premium outlets for a 30 min journey. Fares to Walmart cost us USD12 for a 10 min journey.

No comments: