Thursday, May 06, 2010

Houston Day 5

Nothing much happened either on Day 5.

I walked to The Galleria to change some money. Met hubby there and he was really feeling lousy then. Ate some snacks from the food court and I went to Victoria's Secret. A trip to US is not complete if you don't go to Victoria's Secret....right?? Hehehehhee Bought some stuff and we decided to go for Halal food at Hillcroft. Took a cab there. We were ripped off... $22 for a 10 min journey. We could not find the shop that we were supposed to go so we decided to go to the first Halal shop that we see. We went to Shawarma King and had our dinner there. Not bad but the rice sucks!

We decided to call our regular cab driver instead this time. And this time, the fare was only $9!!! Argh!!! Idiotic cab driver! I wished I took down his cab number. Reached our room and hubby was feeling really sick... gave him some medications and told him to sleep. I was with a friend online to try to figure out when and how to meet her. She is new here as well.

Hubby asked me whether we should extend for another day since his conference will end this Thursday and we were supposed to go home so there is not much time for him to go around Houston. Of course, I said YES! Made some calls to change our flight plans and we will be going back on Saturday (8th May) instead! Yeay!!

No comments: